Jewellery Metal Use
Our pieces are produced in 18ct gold-plated stainless steel, 92.5% sterling silver, and brass metal with a layer of 18ct / 24ct gold in a 1-2 micron thickness.
About Stainless Steel
We love stainless steel because it doesn't harm the person making and has multiple benefits:
- It is hypoallergenic. This is a great choice for all those who have sensitive skin to certain metals
- This will not turn your skin green or any other colour. Unlike many other metals, these are safe to wear and no harm will come if you wear stainless steel for life
- Stainless steel does not fade. It's durable, corrosion resistant, and shines just like real silver or gold
About Gold-plated Jewellery
A base metal (ours is steel) is dipped into a bath of electroplating solution, with a lump of 18ct and 24ct solid gold. When an electric current is applied, a thin layer of gold is deposited on the metal. Since the plating is quite thin, the plate (and hence the colour) on findings can wear off
How to Store your Jewellery
- We highly recommend that you store your jewellery in the original Refine soft pouch provided or another suitably lined box or soft pouch
- Ideally store your pieces of jewellery separately, so that they don't rub together or become tangled
- Avoid storing your jewellery with other sharp objects or jewellery as this could scratch it
How to Maintain your Jewellery - Tips and Things to Avoid
- To help protect the durability and high-quality of your jewellery, remove your jewellery when you shower, bathe or engage in heavy exercise, particularly when swimming in the sea or a chlorinated swimming pool
- Avoid spraying perfume, applying creams or any other liquids directly onto your jewellery
- Keep your jewellery away from extreme temperatures, humidity or sunlight
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when using bleach, cleaning products and other chemicals
Cleaning Stainless Steel
- A solution of warm water and detergent-free soap with a soft bristle / toothbrush
- Believe it or not, baking soda is a great cleaner for stainless steel jewellery. Making a thick paste of baking soda mixed with water, use a toothbrush to slowly clean your jewellery
Your refine piece is warranted for a period of 3 months from the original date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. Refine Studios warranty covers only manufacturing defects that lead to breakage and not damages caused by the user. We require proof of purchase or a receipt before warranty can take effect.
The warranty does not cover loss or the gradual degradation of all or part of the goods due to normal wear, mishap, careless handling, improper use, or use outside Refine Studio’s care instructions. Once Refine Studios is satisfied that the warranty claim is valid, we will arrange for the repair or replacement of the jewellery.